Ephrata was officially incorporated on June 21, 1909 and was given the county seat for the newly created Grant County.
The construction of the Irrigation Project and the military activity increased the population of Ephrata by a factor of eight between 1940 and 1960. As the federal projects phased out, the town experienced a population decrease of 22% between 1960 and 1975. The population stabilized between 1975 and 1982, with a slight decrease between 1980 and 1990. The city has seen steady population growth since 1990. The present population is 7,110.
Click on one of the category groups below to get the related local businesses.